This recipe is a fat burning and is completely gluten free. The main ingredient used hereis Quinoa. It is a cereal grain and is considered a staple food. This is rich in Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron and Manganese. It is versatile and can be had for any meal of the day i.e. breakfast, Lunch and dinner. It helps in loosing weight. It has high fibre content, B complex vitamins and protein content. It helps to reduce cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
- Soak the Quinoa for abour 5 minutes, after that rub the Quinoa with your fingers and then discard the water. Repeat it 2 – 3 times.
- Transfer it to a strainer and rinse it twice. This step is really important as these seeds are coated with naturally occurring chemical known as saponin which can turn the Quinoa bitter after it is cooked.
- After it is thoroughly rinsed keep it in the strainer for the entire water to be drained off.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add the strained Quinoa, reduce the flame to medium, give it a stir and stir it until you hear the popping sound.
- For 1 cup of Quinoa add 1 and ¾ cup of water, add salt as per taste, pepper powder, turmeric and give it a stir, once it starts to boil turn the flame to slow and cook it for 20 mins keeping a lid on it.
- After 15 – 20 mins, switch off the flame and keep the lid on it for another 5 mins so that it is steamed cook.
- Hence Quinoa is ready, transfer it to a glass container and store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FOR YOGHURT QUINOA
- In a bowl add 1 cup of cooked Quinoa and ½ cup of low-fat curd or yoghurt, salt as per taste.
- Add ½ tsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add peanuts, daliya, chana dal and urad dal and stir it, put the flame to low. After it has become golden remove it from the flame.
- Into the same pan add ½ tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, once it starts to splutter, add ¼ inch of chopped ginger, 2 finely chopped chillies, 1 strand of curry leaves and mix well and add ¼ tsp hing, switch off the flame.
- Into the cooked Quinoa and curd add all the roasted ingredients and seasoning and mix well. Garnish it with pomegranate, curry leaves, mint leaves and serve it.
Quinoa – 1 cup
Pepper powder – a pinch
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric - ¼ tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
FOR YOGHURT QUINOA
Curd – ½ cup
Peanuts – 2 tsp
Daliya – 2 tsp
Chana dal – 1 tsp
Udad Dal – 1 tsp
Ginger - small inch fnely chopped
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Methi seeds – ½ tsp
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Oil - 1 tsp
ENERGY - 184 Kcal
PROTEIN - 10 gms
CARBOHYDRATES - 45gms
FATS - 15gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains