watermelon and spinach salads
The easiest and delicious salad ever..!!! just cook the quinoa Put all the ingredients and toss with quinoa and the combination of feta against this juicy watermelon is delicious. This nutritious salad keeps you hydrated and fuller for long time and gives a new taste to your mouth. Good for weight loss, diabetic and all other.
- Wash and rinse the quinoa, then put it in pan add 200 ml of water and cover it.
- Cook covered over a medium heat for 10 – 15 mins or until fluffy and the water has been absorbed. When done keep it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat roast the pumpkin seeds for 1minute or until they start to pop.
- In a bowl put the watermelon, spinach, avocado, mint leaves and feta toss through the quinoa, squeeze over the lime juice with a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Top with cress and serve it..!!
- Quinoa – 30 gms
- Watermelon – 50 gms (cut into chunks deseeded)
- Baby spinach – 25 gms
- Avocado – 25 gms (ripe)
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 20 leaves
- Feta – 15 gms (crumbled)
- Lime – 2 tsp
- Black pepper and salt – ¼ tsp
- Punnet salad cress – 10 gms
Energy: 282 Kcals
Carbohydrates: 28.67 gms
Proteins: 11.63 gms
Fats: 14.15 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains