“TEHRI” is a mixed of veggies, rice and spices from Awadhi cuisine. It’s an easy recipe to prepare, the method of making tehri looks like pulao. You can add the veggies of your choice. Vegetable tehri is an aromatic spiced one pot rice and vegetable based dish from Uttar Pradesh cuisine.
- Soaked rice in water for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot, add curry leaves, bay leaves, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick & cumin seeds.
- Once it starts crackle add sliced onions & saute till light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste & tomatoes, cook till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Now add all veggies, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder & salt.
- Saute for 5 minutes, then add rice and mint leaves, mix well.
- Add water stir it thoroughly, cover it with lid & simmer till all water absorbs.
- Once its done switch off flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with curd or raita.
- Brown rice- 30 gms
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Carrots- 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- French beans- 25 gms (chopped)
- Cauliflower- 25 gms (cut florets)
- Fresh coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Mint leaves- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Curry leaves- 6
- Green cardamom- 2
- Black cardamom- 1
- Cloves- 3
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Water- 1/ 2 cups
- Salt- as per taste
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
Energy: 201 kcals
Carbohydrates: 30 gms
Protein: 6.5 gms
Fats: 6.2 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains