Vegetable clear soup with lemon grass
The vegetable clear soup with lemon grass is a simple and hearty soup that has the goodness of all the vegetables and the rich flavour from the lemon grass stock. This soup has a smooth taste and it’s easy to digest, very easy and quick to make. Soup is a natural and healthy option that can be prepared in various ways; with chicken, vegetables, meat, legumes and rice. As soup contains a high quantity of water it helps to nourish the body cells and keeps skin fresh.
- Add 4-5 cups of water to a saucepan, add the lemon grass roots to the water. Keep it on medium high flame and bring to a boil. Boil lemon grass for about 5 minutes, to release the flavors.
- Once the flavors of lemon grass have come into the water, discard the lemon grass and keep water aside.
- Add vegetables into the lemon grass water and bring it to a boil until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Now add black pepper powder, basil leaves, lemon juice, salt and oregano.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and switch off gas.
- Serve hot.
- Broccoli- 50 gms (cut into florets)
- Baby corn- 25 gms (halved and sliced long)
- Carrots- 25 gms (cut into thin wedges)
- Capsicum- 25 gms (sliced into thin wedges)
- Lemon grass- 2 stalks (sliced)
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Basil leaves- 5
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Oregano- ½ tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 70 kcals
Carbohydrates: 13.1 gms
Proteins: 3.62 gms
Fats: 0.852 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains