Sprouted moong dhokla
Once a gujarati staple, steamed dhoklas are universally popular these days. They make a particularly wholesome and light breakfast. Addition of moong and carrots make this more healthy and nourishing. Mustard seeds and sesame seeds are rich in calcium, protein, omega 3 fatty acids and dietary fiber.
- Make puree of sprouts by adding little of water in a grinder.
- Mix rava, oats, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Now add sprouts puree, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, green chillies, grated carrots and curd, mix it well.
- Pour it in a greased pan. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- To check whether it’s cooked insert a skewer and if it comes out clean then it’s cooked.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, sesame seeds and curry leaves, when it starts spluttering, add the sprouts and stir for 3 minutes. Pour it on top of the dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
- Rava- 15gms
- Oats- 10 gms (powdered)
- Moong sprouts puree- 10 gms
- Curd- ½ cup
- Carrot- 25 gms (grated)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds- ½ tsp
- Moong sprouts- 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 234 kcals
Carbohydrates: 137.8 gms
Proteins: 18 gms
Fats: 7.9 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains