Spinach millet pulao
Spinach millet pulao deliciously packs the nutrients obtained from fresh spinach and millet. A very wholesome alternative to rice, millet being a rich source of vitamin B, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, magnesium provides enrichment to the body. This pulao is very healthy, nutritious and easy to cook recipe.
- Wash the millet and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan & add all whole spices & fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and green chillies, fry till translucent.
- Drain the millet and add it in the pan alongwith salt, garam masala powder, lemon juice and water.
- Once it starts boil, simmer the heat to low and cover and cook the pulao till millet is done and all the water is absorbed.
- Add the spinach just before 5 minutes of cooking.
- Switch off the heat and let the pulao rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the pulao with a fork and serve hot with raita.
- Foxtail millet- 30 gms
- Spinach- 50 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Green chillies- 1 (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Cloves- 2
- Bay leaf- 1
- Black peppercorns- 4-5
- Cinnamon stick- 2
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 152 kcals
Carbohydrates: 20.22 gms
Proteins: 4.15 gms
Fats: 5.825 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains