This Soya Bhurji is an easy protein rich side dish that you can make along with roti or parathas.
The soya granules are soaked in hot water, squeezed to resemble the scramble. It is then cooked in a onion tomato mixture and flavoured with the garam masala powder. The garam masala and turmeric powder adds a wonder twist and flavour to the soya granules. Soya granules are rich in proteins and a good source for the vegetarians to take care of their daily protein intake.
- Wash and soak the soya granules for 6 to 10 minutes in warm water and keep it aside.
- Sieve the soya granules and discard the water.
- In a deep non-stick pan heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, garlic ginger paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and saute till gets golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomato, capsicum,green chili, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the soaked soya granules and salt mix it well and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Off the flame and the soya bhurji is ready to serve.
- Before serving garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy eating with chapatis or with dal and rice.
- Soya granules – 50 gms (soaked in warm water)
- Capsicum – 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion – 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato – 25 gms (chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Green chili – ½ chili (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/3 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp (garnishing)
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 248 Kcals.
PROTEINS : 28 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 21.5 gms
FATS: 5.4 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains