Roasted soybeans are a crunchy snack that's actually good for you. Soybeans are the only plant food that is a complete package of protein and fibre. In other words, they contain all the essential amino acids necessary for human health. In fact, the amino acid content of soy is very close to that of animal products like meat, eggs and milk. Roasted soybeans can be eaten out of hand like nuts, or they make a delicious topping for salads. Though cooking roasted soybeans takes a bit of time, it's not difficult.
- Rinse the soy beans, put them in a utensil, and cover them with water.
Put on the lid.
- Let soak for at least 8 hours. (I soak them overnight.)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Drain the soaked soybeans.
- Place them in a single layer on the cookie sheet and apply some oil on it
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Stir the soybeans, and check for doneness. They should be dry and crunchy.
- Continue stirring and checking every 5 minutes or so.
- They will probably take a total of about 30 minutes to cook.
- Let the roasted soybeans cool before eating them and sprinkle some salt and enjoy it.
- You can sprinkle any of your favourite seasonings too.
- Dry raw soyabean – 30g
- Oil – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
ENERGY –123 Kcal
PROTEIN – 10 gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 5 gms
FATS – 7 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains