Fried lentils mixed with cilantro, lime juice and onions. The roasted version tastes equally as good and roasting preserves all the nutrients in the lentils. This easy to make snack is nutritious.
- Rinse and wash the lentils thoroughly and put the washed lentils in a saucepan with water, covering 2 inches above the lentils.
- Bring it to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Stir the lentil occasionally. Overcooking the lentils will make them mushy, so cook them until they are soft from inside and still hold their shape.
- Remove from the heat, rinse lentils with cold water and drain well. Spread Lentils on clean kitchen towel or paper towel and let them dry for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- Put the cooked lentils salt, pepper, paprika and cinnamon powder. Stir every 10 minutes during roasting. Stir until till they become crunchy.
- Take the pan out and let the lentils cool. Taste for seasoning and store in air-tight container. Lentils can be stored for 10-15 days.
- These lentils can be used to garnish salads or soups and as a quick snack with a green mango salsa.
- For green mango salsa: In a bowl, mix the diced mango, onion, tomatoes and cilantro with the roasted lentils. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle freshly squeezed lime juice. Give it a good toss serve and enjoy your snack..!
- Uncooked lentils (Any) – 30 gms
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Paprika powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Green mango salsa:
- Green mango – 15 gms (diced)
- Onion – 25 gms (diced)
- Tomato – 25 gms (diced)
- Cilantro – 1 tsp
- mint leaves – ½ tsp (chopped)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 2 pinch
- Salt – as per taste.
Energy: 170 Kcals
Carbohydrates: 21 gms
Proteins: 8.5 gms
Fats: 5.82 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains