ROASTED BELL PEPPER SOUP
This vibrant soup has a satisfying, long-simmered taste, and it’s loaded with cancer-combating lycopene. Roasting the peppers, onions and garlic intensifies their flavor. A delicious, creamy textured soup without the cream. The secret is in the beans! The recipe can be doubled easily; refrigerate or freeze half for another time. Serve this soup hot or cold with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat the pan and brush it with ¼ tsp of oil for roasting the bell pepper.
- Once the bell pepper gets roasted peel the skin and discard & keep it aside.
- On a medium high flame heat the remaining oil in a deep soup pan saute the chopped onions and garlic till gets translucent.
- Now add the roasted bell pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, soaked beans cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes till the beans gets soft or cooked.
- With the help of a blender make puree of all the ingredients and transfer it again in the soup pan, add salt and black pepper powder stir well and simmer for 5 minutes on a medium low heat.
- Off the flame, garnish it with coriander leaves & serve the hot soup with salads and enjoy..!!!
- Red Bell pepper – 50 gms (deseeded slicely chopped)
- Mixed beans – 15 gms(soaked overnight)
- Onion – 25 gms (chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove (minced)
- Vegetable broth – 200 ml
- Black pepper powder – 2 pinch
- Coriander leaves – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 150 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 20.5 gms
PROTEINS: 7.75 gms
FATS: 6.75 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains