Red lentil carrot soup
Red lentils are a perfect warming soup for winter. They cook faster than any other lentils and tend to help in thickening of soup. Carrots in the soup gives the touch of sweetness which balances the earthiness of lentil. This red lentil carrot soup is a wholesome and very comforting soup. Its healthy, easy and filling soup. Before serving squeeze in the lemon juice which makes the soup more tastier…!!!
- Heat the oil in a deep soup pan add chopped onions and saute fry for 2 mins and add the chopped garlic and diced carrots and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in water in the soup pan and bring it to boil.
- Put the lentils and vegetable stock cube cover with lid and cook on a medium low flame until the lentils gets cooked properly.
- Off the flame and add parsley and stir.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish it with parsley leaves and squeeze in lemon juice & enjoy it..!!!
- Red lentil – 30 gms
- Carrot – 25 gms (chopped in cubes)
- Onion – 25 gms (roughly chopped)
- Parsley – 25 gms (few more for garnishing)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 cloves (finely chopped)
- Vegetable stock cube – ½ cube
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Water – 250 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 176 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 7.8 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 22 gms
FATS: 5.8 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains