Rava Tomato upma
Rava, which is used to make upma, is rich in protein, vitamin B and iron. Adding veggies to the upma not only makes it tastier but also healthier.
This rava tomato upma is a quick and easy breakfast with an appetizing aroma and a tangy flavor. The tomato upma is made with everyday ingredients and absolutely no fuss. It tastes awesome because of the tampering flavor of tomatoes.
Rava upma is mainly prepared with finely chopped onions and lemon juice is added at the end of cooking for sourness. However, in this recipe finely chopped onions and tomatoes are added, with tomatoes for sourness and flavor. It can be served with mint chutney for breakfast/as a snack.
Roasting of rava:
- Heat a pan, add rava and roast on a low flame.
- While roasting stir often.
- The rava should look dry and gets separated and the fragnance should come. (Don’t roast till brown.)
- Transfer in a bowl and keep it aside.
For rava upma:
- Take a wok heat the oil, add mustard cook till crackle.
- Then add cumin seeds till it splutters along with it add urad dal and curry leaves, stir and saute for few seconds on a low flame.
- Now add ½ dry red chilli and hing and stir well.
- Add onions and saute till gets translucent. Then add green chilli, ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, and the remaining ingredients turmeric powder and red chilli stir and cook till the tomatoes gets soft.
- After the tomatoes get cooked add water, till the boil comes. Add rava and salt stirring continuously so that no lumps come.
- Cover the tomato upma and cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
- Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves and lime juice while serving.
- Enjoy it with green chutney/mint chutney.
- Rava – 20 gms (roasted)
- Tomato – 1 medium (chopped)
- Onion- 20 gms (chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ginger – ¼ inch (grated/minced)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 3-4 leaves
- Asafoetida – ½ pinch
- Green chili – 1/2
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red pepper – 1 pinch
- Dry red chili – ½
- Water – ½ cup
- Lime juice – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing.
ENERGY: 170 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 5.6 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 23.6 gms
FATS: 6.1 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains