Rajma soup is rich in protein and has high iron content. It also provides vitamin C and satiates your hunger pangs in between the meals.
This is a perfect way to have your iron and protein in the form of this delicious soup. It is in the curried form and serves as a sumptuous meal any time of the day. The consistency can be adjusted according to preference. Have it with some salads for a satisfying meal & A perfect appetizer.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, and mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3-5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the soaked rajma, chili pwder, salt and water mix well and pressure for 4 whistles.
- Allow the pressure to release by itself before opening the lid, let it cool completely and blend it in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep non-stick pan and add ½ cup of water and add the rajma masala powder and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well, off the flame. Garnish with green spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with carrot, capsicum and tomato salad.
- Rajma – 30 gms (soaked overnight)
- Onions – 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 50 gms (chopped)
- Spring onions – 5 gms (chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves (chopped roughly)
- Rajma masala powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 pinch
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
ENERGY: 183 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 23.2 gms
PROTEINS: 9.35 gms
FATS: 6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains