Rajgira (Amaranth) seeds are powerhouses rich in protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, bone-building manganese, fiber, and other nutrients compared to rice or wheat. Amaranth is one of the most protein-rich plant-based food that can rival even animal-based foods. It helps prevent chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and stroke
Rajgira is an ingredient which can be consumed in the form of seeds, leaves or flour. This is quite famous to whip up fasting for delicacies. Upma is a popular South Indian breakfast dish usually made with semolina or sooji. It can also be made using rajgira flour. Rajgira upma is an ideal dish for breakfast as it is protein-rich, iron rich, wholesome and nutritious.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it changes color, add curry leaves, ginger and chili. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add peanut and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame.(can also add veggies)
- Add Rajgira dana, salt, black pepper. Mix well. Saute for another 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Add water. Mix and cover the pan with a lid for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot. (Rajgira soaks more water very soon. So, if you leave the cooked upma for some time, it would become dry. Serve immediately or add more water.)
- Rajgira ka dana or Ramdana: 30 gms
- Ginger paste: ¼ tsp
- Green chili: ½ tsp, finely chopped
- Cumin Seeds: ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves: 4-5
- Sendha namak: 1 tsp
- Peanut: 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder: ¼ tsp
- lemon Juice: A few drops
- Fresh Coriander Leaves: 1 tsp
- Water: 200ml
Energy: 153 Kcals
Carbohydrates: 22.6 gms
Proteins: 5.3 gms
Fats: 4.10 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains