Rajgira buckwheat brown rice khakhra
Khakhra is one of the handiest snacks to have whenever you feel hungry or need something for a quick bite. It is also filling, so you can even take it along in your tiffin box. This crisp and gluten free snack has a mixture of three awesome flours. Rajgira is rich in fibre and iron, and has a fairly high protein level too. Buckwheat flour has antioxidants power, and helps lower cholesterol. Brown rice flour adds to the fibre, calcium and zinc content of this snack. All in all, this is a must try recipe, because you will love the taste too!!
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it by using little rice flour for rolling.
- Heat a non stick pan and cook the khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame using oil while pressing with folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Cool and serve or store in an air tight container.
- Rajgira flour- 10 gms
- Buckwheat flour- 10 gms
- Brown rice flour- 10 gms
- Amaranth leaves(green chawli)- 20 gms (finely chopped)
- Flax seed- 1 tsp (coarsely grinded)
- Sesame seed- ½ tsp
- Ginger green chilli paste- ½ tsp
- Brown rice flour- for rolling
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 176 kcals
Carbohydrates: 23.37 gms
Proteins: 4.74 gms
Fats: 7.892 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains