Ragi idli in essence, brings out the wonderful combination of ragi flour, urad dal or rava in one single dish. This South Indian ragi idli is a delicious and even more healthier version than the regular one. It is a super healthy dish to make for breakfast. Idli is a very healthy option for breakfast. It is made by fermenting the batter overnight and the fermentation process makes it very healthy. Ragi is rich in calcium and fiber and the consumption of ragi aids in weight loss, regulates sugar level of blood, it combats anemia.
- Soak urad dal in enough water for 3-4 hours.
- Soak rava in another bowl for an hour.
- Drain the water from urad dal ad grind to a smooth paste. Drain water from rava and add it in the urad dal batter.
- Now add ragi flour in the batter and mix well.
- Place the mixture in a warm place for 8-10 hours to ferment.
- The mixture will double in size after it is properly fermented.
- Add salt and baking soda in the mixture and mix well.
- Grease idli plates and fill with the batter.
- Steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with mint chutney
- Ragi flour- 10gms
- Urad dal- 10 gms
- Rava- 10 gms
- Baking soda- 2 pinch
- Oil- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 131 kcals
Carbohydrates: 22.9 gms
Proteins: 4.6 gms
Fats: 2.89 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains