Ragi is also known as “nachni” and “finger millet”. It is highly nutritious and healthy. It is mostly cultivated in Africa and Asia and considered as one of the healthiest food. It’s highly rich in calcium and iron which helps in preventing osteoporosis. Ragi cheela is very filling and is considered as a great source of nourishment for weightloss and for malnourished children.
- In a bowl mix ragi flour, semolina and water, mix well and make sure no lumps.
- Add onion, salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Apply oil on tawa and heat it.
- Pour some batter on tawa and gently spread it with the help of spatula. Smear some oil on the sides of the chila.
- Cook chila on low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip it and cook again for 3-4 minutes, until chila cooked evenly.
- Take out on plate and serve hot with mint chutney.
- Ragi flour- 15 gms
- Semolina- 15 gms
- Onion- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Cumin seed powder- ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder- 2 pinch
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 148 Kcals.
Carbohydrates: 21.75 gms
Proteins: 3 gms
Fats: 5.31 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains