Quinoa is a crop grown for its edible seeds. Quinoa is also a super food, being a good source of protein, its beneficial for vegetarians as well as vegans. Its also rich in iron, manganese and phosphorus. The quinoa seeds have a nutty flavour. This quinoa upma is a very healthy and nutritious recipe. Vegetables in this increase the fiber.
- Rinse quinoa with the help of strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, udad dal and moong dal.
- Saute on low flame till dal turns golden.
- Add green chillies and ginger, saute for few minutes.
- Now add chopped onions, saute till it becomes translucent. Then add chopped carrots and French beans, mix well.
- Saute on low flame for few minutes, then add quinoa and mix well again.
- Saute for few minutes on low flame then add water and salt, mix well.
- Cover the pan with its lid and cook well, remove the lid and switch off the flame.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with mint mint chutney and lemon wedges.
- Quinoa- 30 gms
- Onion- 25 gms (chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (chopped)
- Green chillies- 1 (chopped)
- French beans- 25 gms (chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves- 7-8
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger- ¼ tsp (grated)
- Moong dal- ½ tsp
- Udad dal- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 194 kcals
Carbohydrates: 26.67 gms
Proteins: 6. 18 gms
Fats: 7.22 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains