Quinoa Fried Rice
This recipe is a fat burning and is completely gluten free. The main ingredient used here is Quinoa. It is a cereal grain and is considered a staple food. This is rich in Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron and Manganese. it is als rich in zinc. It has high Omega 6 content. It is versatile and can be had for any meal of the day i.e. breakfast, Lunch and dinner. It helps in loosing weight. It has high fibre content, B complex vitamins and protein content. It is useful for those who are lactose intolerant. It helps to reduce cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
- Soak the Quinoa for about 5 minutes, after that rub the Quinoa with your fingers and then discard the water. Repeat it 2 – 3 times.
- Transfer it to a strainer and rinse it twice. This step is really important as these seeds are coated with naturally occurring chemical known as saponin which can turn the Quinoa bitter after it is cooked.
- After it is thoroughly rinsed keep it in the strainer for the entire water to be drained off.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add the strained Quinoa, reduce the flame to medium, give it a stir and stir it until you hear the popping sound.
- For 1 cup of Quinoa add 1 and ¾ cup of water, add salt as per taste, pepper powder, turmeric and give it a stir, once it starts to boil turn the flame to slow and cook it for 20 mins keeping a lid on it.
- After 15 – 20 mins, switch off the flame and keep the lid on it for another 5 mins so that it is steamed cook.
- Hence Quinoa is ready, transfer it to a glass container and store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FOR QUINOA FRIED RiCE: -
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a sauce pan, add sliced garlic, green chillies, onions, add all the veggies and saute it and add some salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce and pepper powder, stir well
- Beat 1 egg and make an omelette, cut into fine slices and add on to the above mixture.
- Add the cooked Quinoa into it and give it a nice stir till all the ingredients are mixed well
- Serve hot with curd raita.
Capsicum - 1/2 cup
Baby corn – 2 small size
Carrot - 1 medium size
Peas – ½ cup (frozen)
Garlic – 1-2 cloves
Onion – 1 medium size
Green chillies – 1-2
Spring onion – 1 stick
Celery - 1 stick
Pepper powder - ¼ tsp
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Chilli sauce – 1 tsp
Salt – As per taste
Oil – 2 tsp
ENERGY - 320 Kcal
PROTEIN - 15 gms
CARBOYDRATES - 42 gms
FATS - 20 gms
FIBRE - 18 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains