Quinoa dal khichdi
Quinoa dal khichdi is an easy quinoa- lentil dish. Dal khichdi is an famous Indian traditional khichdi. Here I have added a twist in this khichdi by adding a quinoa.
This dal khichdi is a healthy and low-carb dinner with quinoa, moong dal, masoor dal and vegetables. Quinoa is an excellent source of protein and iron. It is one of the few plant foods that contains all the nine essential amino acids. It contains twice as much fiber as most other grains. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
It is gluten-free, it has anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce pain and inflammation. It helps control sugar levels, and it helps lower cholesterol levels, making it ideal for everyone.
- In a pan heat oil, add asafoetida, cumin seeds & curry leaves.
- Once it starts crackle add onion & chillies and stir for sometime.
- Then add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt & saute for few minutes.
- Now add carrot and French beans & cook till it gets little soft.
- Add quinoa, moong dal & masoor dal mix it thoroughly, add 2-3 cups of water & pressure cook.
- Once it cooks garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve hot with curd or raita.
- Quinoa – 30 gms (soaked in water)
- Moong dal – 15 gms (soaked in water)
- Masoor dal – 15 gms (soaked in water)
- Tomato – 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion – 25 gms (chopped)
- Carrots – 25 gms (chopped)
- French beans – 25 gms (chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 nos. (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 8-10 nos.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1tsp
Energy: 231 kcals
Carbohydrates: 31.3 gms
Proteins: 11.2 gms
Fats: 6.74 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains