Quinoa and vegetable soup
Quinoa is technically a seed, but it cooks up a lot like a grain, which makes it very versatile. It’s higher in fiber and protein than rice, which makes it a great alternative if you’re trying to swap out those simple carbs. Quinoa can be pricey, it’s balanced with lesser expensive ingredients, like the carrots, celery, onion and parsely.
This homemade vegetable soup with quinoa is light but filling and packs great for lunch. Like most soups, it tastes even better the next day. Bonus? It freezes well, too. I love keeping my freezer stocked with hearty soups and defrosting one whenever I need a quick but nutritious meal.
This soup is vegan unless you want to top it…
- Boil the soaked chickpeas and keep it aside.
- Take a vessel heat oil, add bay leaves and garlic and saute for few seconds then add onion, carrot, celery, and cook until gets softened.
- Add vegetable broth, mixed herbs, and bring to boil.
- Add quinoa and cook until done.
- Before serving add chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook for few minutes garnish with parsley and serve it.
- Quinoa – 30 gms
- Chickpeas – 10 gms (soaked overnight)
- Celery – 10 gms(chopped)
- Carrots – 10 gms (chopped)
- Parsley – 10 gms (chopped)
- Onion – 10 gms(chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Bay leaves – 1
- Mixed herbs – 1 tsp
- Vegetable broth – 200 ml
- Salt and black pepper – as per taste.
ENERGY: 190 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 6.1 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 5.75 gms
FATS: 28.6 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains