Quinoa and lentil salad
Quinoa is an amazingly healthy addition to this salad because it is fully packed of yummy goodness, like protein, fiber, vitamins, and all nine essential amino acids, which most other grains lack and the added dietary fiber in lentils can help you meet your daily needs and may help you control your blood sugar, lower your cholesterol and lose weight.
- Wash the quinoa and drain the water in a cooker cook the cook about 3 whistle the quinoa should be tender not overcooked.
- Drain the soaked lentils and put it in a pan with 100 ml of water so that the lentils get tender, but not mushy cook around 20 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- For dressing: Take a small bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, and add oil to make an emulsion. Add the garlic powder, lime zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- To make a salad; in a medium bowl, mix the quinoa, lentils, spring onions, cucumber and coriander leaves.
- Top with the dressing and give a toss to coat the salad and serve.
- Quinoa – 50 gms
- Brown lentil – 20 gms
- Spring onions – 15 gms
- Cucumber – 15 gms
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard – ¼ tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – ½ tsp
- Salt and black pepper – as per taste.
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp to garnish
- Lime zest – ½ tsp
- Water – 100 ml
ENERGY: 169 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 7.2 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 23 gms
FATS: 6.3 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains