Pesarattu is protein packed health breakfast made by using whole moong. It is one of the most commonly eaten breakfast from Andhra Cusine. Pesarattu are thin Crepes or Dosas made from ground green gram, ginger, cumin and Chilly. It is very healthy, nutritious and easy to make recipe.
- Soak Whole moong in water for 4-6 hours
- Drain water and rinse them well
- Add whole moong , chilly , ginger,cumin seeds and salt to a blender jar along with water to make a thick batter. It must be of pouring consistency yet thick.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.
- Sprinkle little water and water should sizzle rapidly.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on tawa and quickly spread it to a thin layer.
- Sprinkle onion and pour Ghee on the edges and cook till the edges begin to leave the pan, then flip the other side and cook.
- Serve it hot with mint chutney.
- Whole moong (green gram) – 30 gms
- Onions - 25gms (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger - ½ inch
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Water – as required
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
Energy: 155 kcals
Carbohydrates: 19 gms
Proteins: 7.75 gms
Fats: 5.48 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains