Paneer Makhani is a healthy, low carb recipe made with grilled cottage cheese pieces in buttery gravy. This restaurant style Paneer Makhani will take care of all your cravings and is super easy to make. It is a very good keto option, and can be included in your keto diet.
- Cut paneer/ cottage cheese into cubes or rectangles and sprinkle turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder (kashmiri laal mirch powder) all over the paneer pieces.
- In a skillet, heat butter and grill the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces for 2-3 minutes on both side, till both the sides are slightly done (have sear marks). Don't grill for long it will make the paneer (cottage cheese) pieces hard.
- In a pan heat butter, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add ginger paste, chopped green chilli, onions, garlic, tomato and saute it well for 2-3 minutes till the onions and tomatoes are mushy and oil starts to separate.
- Let this mixture cool and then using a grinder, grind this into a fine paste. Don't add any water.
- In the same pan, add this fine paste and saute well. To this mixture add turmeric powder, red chilli powder (kashmiri lal mirch powder), coriander powder, garam masala and saute the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- On low heat, add the heavy whipping cream into gravy. (Always add cream at low temperature to the gravy) and mix it well. Add the grilled paneer (cottage cheese) pieces, Kasuri methi leaves and simmer the gravy for 4-5 more minutes till oil starts to seperate.
- Paneer / cottage cheese (cow) – 75gms (cubes)
- Onion – 50gms (chopped)
- Tomato – 75gms (chopped)
- Green chilli – 1/4
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Ginger paste – ¼ tsp
- Heavy whipping cream – 2tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Kashmiri lal mirch (red chilli powder) – ½ tsp
- Corainder powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi leaves (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
ENERGY – 319 Kcals
PROTEIN – 13gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 7gms
FATS – 26gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains