Palak paneer bhurji
Palak paneer bhurji is the recipe that is taken inspiration from a very classical egg preparation which is called the “bhurji”. The paneer is crumbled and sauted with palak to give it a scramble appearance like that of the “egg bhurji”. This is a healthy variation to regular bhurji made with paneer. Adding palak will help to keep your iron content high when it is consumed.
- Heat oil in a pan then add cumin seeds & bay leaves , saute till it starts crackle.
- Now add chopped onions and saute on light flame till it turns light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, stir and saute till the raw aroma of both ginger and garlic goes away.
- Then add tomatoes and green chillies, mix well and saute on low to medium flame, till it soften and become mushy.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add spinach leaves and mix well, cover the pan with a lid and simmer it on a low flame till spinach leaves becomes soft.
- On low flame cook till the water evaporates, then add crumbled paneer and salt also.
- Mix well and saute for 2 minutes on low flame till paneer is cooked, do not cook too much as the paneer will get dense.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Paneer- 60 gms (crumbled)
- Spinach- 50 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (chopped)
- Tomato- 25 gms (chopped)
- Green chillies- 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- ¾ tsp
- Fresh coriander- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Bay leaves- 2
- Curry leaves- 5
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 276 kcals
Carbohydrates: 9 gms
Proteins: 16.25 gms
Fats: 19.34 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains