Palak moongdal khichdi
A nutritious heaven, palak dal khichdi is an easy and quick recipe loaded with nutrients without compromising on the taste. One of the best comfort food during monsoon, this khichdi recipe is a perfect balance of carbohydrates and proteins. Goodness of spinach and dal cooked with spices and rice. It’s an perfect wholesome meal.!!!
- Soak dal and rice for 15 minutes. Wash, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Once it starts crackle add ginger & garlic and saute till raw aroma goes away.
- Now add onion and green chillies and saute till translucent. Then add tomatoes, turmeric powder and garam masala powder, saute till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add spinach, dal and rice, salt and water. Mix it well & pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Remove the pressure & open the lid.
- Serve hot with curd or raita.
- Moong dal- 15 gms
- Brown rice- 15 gms
- Spinach leaves- 50 gms (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Green chilli- 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 5-6
- Ginger garlic- 1 tsp (crushed)
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 185 kcals
Carbohydrates: 26.08 gms
Proteins: 7.44 gms
Fats: 5.92 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains