Oats upma is a super healthy nutriious recipe which is make from oats, veggies and some spices. Oats upma is far healthier than rava upma as it has high fibre and protein content which is good for vegans. It lowers the bad cholesterol. Oats upma is quite filling and keep satiated longer.
Oats upma, drizzled with some lime or lemon juice or also served with a side of mint chutney. Make this oats upma for a healthy breakfast or snack.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan add oats for roasting, stir and saute on a low flame till the oats become crisp.
- keep stirring continuously so that the oats do not get browned from the bottom. no need to brown the oats when done remove oats in a plate or tray and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining ½ tsp oil, add mustard seeds stir and saute till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Then add cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal stir and saute till the chana dal gets browned add chopped onions. stir and saute till the onions turn translucent next add garlic ginger patste, green chilies and curry leaves stir and saute for half a minute.
- Then add chopped carrots, french beans and stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water cover the pan with its lid.
- On a medium flame simmer and cook this mixture till the veggies are almost done about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add the roasted oats stir lightly add salt and stir very well.
- Then cover the pan again with its lid and on a low flame, steam for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once done, then add chopped cilantro leaves.
- Stir and serve oats upma drizzled with some lemon or lime juice.
- Oats – 30 gms
- Onion – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- French beans – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Chana dal – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 3-4
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
- Water – 100 ml
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
ENERGY: 192 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 27.8 gms
PROTEINS: 6.15 gms
FATS: 5.96 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains