Instant oats dosa, a healthy and easy breakfast dish. A simple and delicious dosa prepared from oats has many health benefits and helps maintaining balanced diet and will help you to lose weight and look fit. Compared with traditional rice dosa, preparing oats dosa is quick and does not require any advance preparation – dry-roast oats, crush them into powder, mix curd, rava, spices, greens and water to prepare batter, spread it over hot tawa, cook for few minutes and voila! oats dosa is ready! its that simple!
- Grind quick cooking oats in a mixer grinder until the texture become smoooth powdered form.
- Add the powdered oats, semolina, rice flour in a large bowl.
- Add cumin seeds and salt. mix all the ingredients well.
- Add curd/yoghurt and one cup of water. mix it well and make sure there are no lumps formed.
- slowly, add little water and give a proper mix.
- Add onion, ginger, chillies, pepper and coriander. mix it properly.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency of the batter. it should be watery else the dosa will not be crisp.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the tava or non-stick pan and spread 1 oil.
- If using non-stick pan then no need to spread oil.
- With a ladle pour the batter from the edges towards the center.
- Sprinkle ½ or 1 tsp of oil from the top.
- Let the base becomes golden or crisp. no need to cook the other side as the dosa is thin.
- Remove the dosa from the pan. prepare all the dosas this way.
- Serve the oats dosa hot with mint chutney or sambhar.
- Oats dosa has to be served immediately, otherwise they become dry once they become cold.
- quick cooking oats / any plain oats – 1 cup
- semolina – ¼ cup
- rice flour – ½ cup
- sour curd, whisked – ¼ cup
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- black pepper, crushed – a pinch
- ginger, grated – ½ tsp
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- onion– 1 small size
- oil - as required
- salt - to taste
ENERGY – 200 Kcal
PROTEIN – 7 gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 40 gms
FATS – 5 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains