Nutritious pumpkin and carrot soup
The delicious combination of pumpkin and carrots is enjoyably sweet, and does not require much salt. Moreover, pumpkin is low in sodium, which makes this nutritious pumpkin soup a boon for those with high blood pressure. Enjoy this tasty and nutrient- dense soup hot and fresh!!!
- Steam the pumpkin and carrot pieces with 1/2 cup water in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Leave to cool and open.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves. Then add the onions and garlic, saute till the onions start turning brownish. Add the steamed vegetables and stir for 2-3 minutes, then pour in the stock. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Blend this mixture in a blender and strain through a sieve or a soup strainer into a separate saucepan. Place it on a medium heat and when it comes to a boil, add salt, oregano and pepper. Mix well and take off heat.
- Garnish with celery stalks and serve hot.
- Yellow/orange pumpkin- 50 gms (cut into large pieces)
- Carrot- 50 gms (cut into large pieces)
- Vegetable broth- 200 ml
- Garlic- 6 cloves (chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (sliced)
- Fresh coriander/celery- 2 tbsp (chopped for garnishing)
- Bay leaves- 2
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Oregano- ½ tsp
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 165 kcals
Carbohydrates: 17.05 gms
Proteins: 6.8 gms
Fats: 7.82 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains