Moong dal palak cheela
Cheela is a thin, pancake that is very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra. This moong dal palak cheela is made of a wholesome batter of moong dal and spinach. The addition of spices enhance the taste of the cheela. A dash of crushed cumin boosts the aroma and flavour of the cheela, making it absolutely delicious.
- Soak moong dal in water for 2 hrs.
- Drain and blend in a mixer along with water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Add water, mix well and check the consistency of the batter.
- Heat a non stick pan, sprinkle little water on the pan and wipe it off gently by using a muslin cloth.
- Now pour a ladlefull of batter on it and spread on pan to make cheela.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till cheela turns brown in colour and crisp.
- Flip over and cook on the other side as well.
- Serve hot with green chutney or curd.
- Moong dal- 30 gms
- Palak- 50 gms (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste- ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp (coarsely crushed)
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 118 kcals
Carbohydrates: 19 gms
Proteins: 8 gms
Fats: 5.62 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains