Moong dal khichdi
Moong Dal Khichdi is a complete meal in itself. Made with rice and lentils, khichdi is healthy, wholesome and good for you!!! This recipe is also gluten-free. Khichdi is made in different ways in different parts of the country. In some parts of the country, it’s made almost like a pulao. You can add different lentils in khichdi, the most common is moong dal. It is actually the most easily digestible dal and so used in khichdi.
- Take same amount of dal and rice in a bowl.
- Soak it in enough water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the water and set aside.
- Add rice and dal to a pressure cooker and add water, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and asafoetida and pressure cook on high heat for 5-6 whistles. The rice and dal will be cook and be very soft and mushy, set aside.
- Heat another pan on medium heat, add oil then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add crushed ginger & garlic, saute for few minutes till the raw aroma goes away. Then add green chillies and onions and saute till light brown.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add cooked dal, rice and salt.
- Mix well, adjust salt and simmer it for 5-10 minutes. Switch off flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.
- Moong dal- 15 gms
- Brown rice- 15 gms
- Tomato- 50 gms
- Onion- 25 gms
- Ginger & garlic- 1 tsp (crushed)
- Green chilli- 1 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Water- as required
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 176 kcals
Carbohydrates: 24.8 gms
Proteins: 6.44 gms
Fats: 5.975 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains