Moong dal idli
Idlis are popular across India as they are super healthy and easy to make. This easy-to-make recipe is made using simple ingredients which are easily available at your home. This super soft and delicious moong dal, brown rice and fenugreek seed idli is very nutritious and healthy. They make an ideal breakfast or snack recipe and can be served with sambar, mint and onion chutney.
- Dry roast the yellow moong dal till it turns slightly brown.
- After it cools down a little bit, wash and soak along with the brown rice. Let it soak overnight.
- In the morning, grind it to a smooth batter and let it sit for an hour or so.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add asafoetida and roast for about 10 seconds.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Fry for 1 minute and add it to the batter.
- Add fruit salt in a batter and mix well.
- Grease idli moulds and pour the batter into it.
- Steam the idlis for 10-12 minutes and serve hot with chutney or sambar.
- Moong dal- 15 gms
- Brown rice- 15 gms
- Methi seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Dry red chillies- 2
- Curry leaves- 6
- Fruit salt(Eno)- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
Energy: 150 kcals
Carbohydrates: 20.08 gms
Proteins: 4.69 gms
Fats: 5.69 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains