MIXED BEANS SOUP
Beans are high in soluble fiber the type of fiber that seems to control blood cholesterol in certain people by lowering LDL (the “bad” cholesterol).
Add in the other seasonal vegetables, like carrots, celery and many other vegetables. This is one of those soups that makes you feel good about your health and is still incredibly delicious and satisfying And when you get 15 different varieties all in one pot, you’ve got a serious nutrition powerhouse.
This Vegetarian 15 Bean Soup will freeze great, so don’t be afraid of the recipe’s large volume! Just divide it up after cooking, cool, then transfer to the freezer for long term storage.
- The night before, soak the beans overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Next morning drain the beans and rinse them well with fresh water. Set the beans aside so they can begin to warm up.
- In a large soup pot heat the oil and add onion and garlic cook to about 3-4 minutes until the onions become soft or light brown.
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, dice the celery and carrot. Once the onions have softened, add the diced carrot and celery to the pot and saute for about 5 minutes or more, or just until the celery starts to soften.
- Add the beans to the pot along with water, and stir to combine. Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring it up to a boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low or medium-low, and let the beans simmer for 40 minutes, stir occasionally.
- After 40 minutes, the beans must be soft and have broken down a bit, the water to look slightly thick and cloudy. Add the diced tomatoes (with juices), cumin powder, oregano, red paprika, black pepper powder to the pot. Stir well to combine, then let the soup simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Taste the soup and add salt.
- Finally, stir in the apple cider vinegar garnish with coriander leaves and some oregano transfer it in a soup bowl & serve it hot.
- Mixed bean – 30 gms (soaked overnight)
- Onion – 25 gms (diced)
- Carrot – 25 gms (diced)
- Celery -25 gms (diced)
- Tomatoes – 25 gms (diced)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Red paprika – ¼ tsp
- Water – 200 ml
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 189 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 24 gms
PROTEINS: 9.75 gms
FATS: 6.04 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains