Methi Thepla, basically a roti recipe from gujarati cuisine, but very well popular all over india. thepla has a longer shelf life compared to normal roti’s and can be easily preserved for 3 days in room temperature. it is prepared very similar to methi paratha recipe, however besan or gram flour is added to make it soft.
The main ingredient i.e. the fenugreek leaves are considered to be bitter in taste, but it has several health benefits, firstly, it helps in improving digestion and appetite. it is full of antioxidants and fibre, secondly, fenugreek leaves helps in reducing body weight and can be easily included in diet for weight watchers. it is also considered to be good remedy for menstrual disorders especially the pain and the cramps. lastly, it also helps to cure hair loss disorder and helps to retain the glow on skin.
- In a large mixing bowl take wheat flour and besan.
- Add chili powder, turmeric, sesame seeds, carom seeds and salt to it.
- Add green chili and ginger.
- Now, add finely chopped methi leaves.
- Give a rough mix making sure the spices are combined well.
- Finally, add ¼ cup of curd and combine the dough well.
- Now add some water and knead the dough.
- Knead the dough to smooth and soft texture like of chapathi dough.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and knead the dough for 5 more minutes.
- Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
- Also dust with some wheat flour.
- Further roll it in a thin circle like chapathi or paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled thepla and cook for a minute.
- Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, turn the methi thepla
- Also brush oil and press slightly.
- Finally, serve methi thepla with raita, and enjoy.
- Wheat flour / atta – 30 gms
- Besan / gram flour – 15 gms
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Sesame seeds / til – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Carom seeds / ajwain – ¼ tsp
- Green chili - 1 (chopped)
- Salt – As per taste
- Ginger – ½ inch grated
- Methi leaves / fenugreek leaves – 75gms (finely chopped)
- Curd – ¼ cup fresh / sour
- Water - as required, to knead dough
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Oil – ½ tsp for roasting
ENERGY – 250 Kcal
PROTEIN – 7gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 35 gms
FATS - 9gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains