Soups are healthy in nature, and are perfectly paired with every meal. They are best for when you need to warm yourself up or prepare your palate for a luxurious meal.
Fenugreek Leaves Soup it is perfect for anyone, especially for people with low blood sugar or high cholesterol levels or lactating mothers. It’s loaded with iron and magnesium, and helps in appetite control, heartburn and inflammation. Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) is a powerhouse of nutrients and is known to have many medicinal properties. This soup recipe enhances its benefits perfectly as it preserves the nutritional value and gives it a rich taste. It’s the ideal soup for new moms because of its delicious and nourishing nature. For preparing this soup using tomatoes, onions, garlic, pepper and of course, fenugreek leaves. Pair it with salads.
- To prepare this soup start by taking the onion, garlic cloves, and tomatoes and washing them under running water. Using a clean chopping board, finely chop them and keep aside. Then, wash the fenugreek leaves under running water and chop them too.
- Now, take a pan over medium flame and heat oil in it then add fenugreek seeds and garlic and saute it. Then, add the chopped onion, fenugreek leaves and tomatoes to the pan, and stir fry it for a couple of minutes or until the colors turn bright.
- Add water along with salt and pepper to the pan and bring it to a boil. Then, turn down the flame and cook for about 15 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked. Pour the lemon juice in the pan and mix.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and serve hot!
- Fenugreek leaves ( methi) – 100 gms (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium (chopped)
- Onion – 50 gms (chopped)
- Oil – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves (finely chopped)
- Green chili – ½ (finely chopped)
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Water – 200 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 97 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 12 gms
PROTEINS: 5 gms
FATS: 3.42 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains