MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD
This recipe for Mediterranean quinoa salad is full of fresh vegetables, feta cheese and olives, tossed in a lemon and herb dressing and topped with herbs.
Quinoa is a very healthy food, and is high in protein, gluten free, and high in fiber. Quinoa also contains plenty of nutrients including magnesium, Vitamin B, iron, calcium and a variety of antioxidants.
It's a light and colourful addition to any meal!
- For the salad: Place the quinoa, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, feta cheese, chickpeas , parsley and olives in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve it immediately or put it in the fridge to chill for later.
- Cooked Quinoa - 1 cup
- Cucumber – ½ no (thinly chopped)
- Cherry Tomatoes – ½ cup (halved)
- Yellow / Orange bell pepper – ½ no (chopped finely)
- Onion : ½ no (chopped finely)
- Feta Cheese : ¼ cup (grated)
- Parsley plus more for garnish : 2tbsp (chopped finely)
- Chickpeas : ½ cup (soaked/boiled)
- Olives : 3-4 no
For the dressing:
- Olive Oil : 1tsp
- Mustard : ½ tsp(crushed)
- Lemon Juice : 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder : ¼ tsp
- Dried Oregano : ¼ tsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ENERGY: 225 Kcals
- PROTEIN: 7 gms
- CARBOHYDRATES: 20 gms
- FATS: 9 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains