A healthy, tasty and spicy oats recipe which is an ideal breakfast recipe for kids and even for adults. Having oats with milk or yogurt can be sometime monotonous, hence introducing some spice to the regular breakfast. Oats are plant product and it has almost no cholesterol. A healthy and tasty way to start your day with this easy homemade masala oats.
- In a non-stick pan roast the onions till become translucent.
- Now, add the chopped vegetables and saute for few minutes.
- Add the sambar powder and the turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add half the water in the pan cover with lid and cook until the vegetables are 3/4th done.
- Now, add the remaining water and bring to boil.
- Lastly add the oats and cook till the oats are done.
- Once the masala oats are ready garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it in a bowl with green chutney or cucumber raita.
- Quaker oats – 35 gms
- Carrot – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Onion – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- French bean – 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Sambar powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – 200 ml
- Salt – as per taste.
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing.
ENERGY: 64 kcals.
PROTEINS: 7.25 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 236 gms
FATS: 3.3 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains