Masala khichdi is a spicy variation of simple khichdi. Khichdi is the greatest Indian comfort food ever invented. Khichdi is basically prepared with lentils and rice but here in this masala khichdi I have added spices and veggies too. It is very easy to make and it’s tasty too. This is healthy but ultimate comfort food.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, then add cumin seeds, once it starts crackle add onion and curry leaves.
- Saute till onions brown, then add grated ginger, crushed garlic and saute.
- Now add tomato puree, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add veggies, saute for sometime then add moong dal and rice together, mix well.
- Add water, cover the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Switch off flame, garnish with mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Brown rice- 30 gms (soaked)
- Moong dal- 15 gms (soaked)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 50 gms (puree)
- Eggplants- 25 gms (cubes)
- Capsicum- 25 gms (cubes)
- Carrots- 25 gms (cubes)
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ¾ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 7-8 leaves
- Ginger- ½ inch piece (grated)
- Garlic- ½ tsp (crushed)
- Mint leaves- 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 3 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water - as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 252 kcals
Carbohydrates: 39.57 gms
Proteins: 8.68 gms
Fats: 1.63 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains