Khakhra is a thin cracker famous in the Gujarati and Rajasthani cuisine of western India, especially among jains. It is generally made from wheat flour and oil. But this masala khakhra is little different than the normal ones. In this khakhra I have added chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and besan. It is very healthy and nutritious snack. It is low in calories and you can store them also. For variation you can add different flours to make the khakhras.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into soft dough with the help of water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a very thin.
- Heat a non stick tava and cook on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on slow flame till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store the khakhras in an air tight container.
- Whole wheat flour- 20 gms
- Besan (Bengal gram flour)- 10 gms
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Garam masala powder- ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Oil- ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Energy: 105 kcals
Carbohydrates: 16.72 gms
Proteins: 3.5 gms
Fats: 3.13 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains