Low Carb Upma
A low carb upma is made from riced cauliflower. It is a healthy option for people who want to lose weight, as it is made without semolina. This low carb recipe also prevents or improve serious metabolic syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases. This recipe contains many nutrients, also rich in fibre, antioxidants.
- Break apart cauliflower into large florets. Wash thoroughly with water.
- Grate or grind it into couscous sized pieces.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add mustard seeds till crackle.
- Add curry leaves, ginger and greenchilli, saute.
- Add chopped onion, saute till translucent.
- Add boiled peas,salt and grind cauliflower and saute for few minutes.
- Add water,cover and cook for 7-8 minutes with the lid on.
- Squeeze ½ lemon ,add coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve hot. You can eat with curds, it tastes good and also protein content of recipe increases
Cauliflower – 100gms
Onion – 20gms (chopped)
Green peas – 20 gms (boiled)
Green chilli – 1no (chopped finely)
Ginger – small piece (grated)
Lemon – 1/2no
Mustard seeds – 1tsp
Curry leaves – 4-5
Oil – 1tsp
Salt to taste
Energy – 90 kcals
Protein – 2gms
Carbohydrate – 8gms
Fats – 5.3gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains