Lemongrass ginger carrot soup
This lemongrass ginger carrot soup can be eaten hot or cold, in winter, or in summer. Carrots are a good source of beta carotene, fiber and antioxidants. Carrots are weight loss friendly food and helps to lower cholesterol levels and improve eye health. Lemongrass helps to improve sugar and cholesterol levels in the blood. It also helps to prevent the growth of some bacteria and yeast. A touch of lemongrass and ginger gives a unique taste to this soup. It is very healthy and easy to make soup.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook till translucent. Now add carrots, ginger and lemongrass. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add broth and increase the heat to medium. Simmer and cook until carrots are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Carrots- 25 gms
- Onions- 25 gms
- Fresh ginger- 1 tbsp (roughly chopped)
- Lemongrass- 1 (pounded)
- Vegetable broth- 200 ml
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 133 kcals
Carbohydrates: 11.05 gms
Proteins: 4.55 gms
Fats: 7.72 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains