This delicious dish from south India also called chitranna and is really versatile because it can be eaten with chutney, curd, with curries or plain lemon rice. One of the easiest to make. It can be made by cooked or steamed rice with spiced lemon and peanut mixture. . It’s a light dish and you can have it as a light breakfast also.
- Rinse rice a couple of times and soak for 30 minutes. Drain the water and pressure cook rice with salt and water for 2 to 3 whistles or 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high flame.
- When the pressure settles down on its own in the cooker, remove the lid. remove the cooked rice in a plate or in a bowl.
- let the rice become warm or cool at room temperature.
- In a small frying pan, heat oil fry peanuts till crunchy remove and keep them aside.
- Now in the same oil add the mustard seeds and let them crackle once the mustard seeds begin to crackle, add the urad dal & chana saute till the dal turns golden fry on a low flame, so that the spices don't burn.
- Then add the red chilies, green chilies (chopped) and curry leaves saute for a few seconds till the red chilies change color.
- Switch off the flame and add the asafoetida and turmeric powder mix very well
- Stir and immediately pour this tempering mixture on the rice add the fried peanuts, lemon juice and salt. mix very well.
- keep it covered for the flavors to blend for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then serve the lemon rice with curd, chutney or just have lemon rice plain.
- Brown rice – 30 gms
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – ½ tsp
- Chana dal – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili dried – ½ tsp
- Green chili – 1 (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4
- Peanuts – 1 tsp
- Asafetida (hing) – 1 pinch
- Rock salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 203 Kcals.
CARBOHYDRATES: 40.50 gms
PROTEINS: 4.53 gms
FATS: 9.89 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains