Lemon oats, a healthy, vibrant, quicker and tasty version of oats. It has lemon juice and peanuts as its star performers. The lemon juice works brilliantly with the oats, green chillies and provide a spicy edge and crunch from the roasted peanuts makes it a great and healthy recipe for breakfast.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Once hot, add mustard seeds, asafetida and curry leaves and allow it to splutter.
- Add dals and allow to turn lightly red. Add green chillies, onion and fry till onions becomes pink. Add grated carrot and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder and mix well. Add water, salt and bring to a boil.
- Add oats and mix. Reduce flame and place lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, add lemon juice, peanuts and mix well. Cook without lid for 5 more minutes, mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Oats- 30 gms
- Bengal gram- 1 tsp
- Split gram dal- 1 tsp
- Peanuts- 10 gms (roasted)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrot- 25 gms (grated)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 6
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt- as per taste
Energy: 213 kcals
Carbohydrates: 242.61 gms
Proteins: 12.02 gms
Fats: 14 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains