Lemon Coriander Soup
Lemon Coriander Soup is a tasty yet healthy soup with a mix of vegetables in lemon and coriander stock. This soup is primarily made with vitamin C rich ingredients like lemon, coriander, carrots and cabbage. Bright, healthy and clean, this soup makes a perfect mid-day snack or light meal. Made from the stalks of coriander this lemon coriander soup is highly aromatic as well.
- For stock: Boil water in a deep pan, add vegetable stock, coriander stems and green chillies. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes on low flame. Strain and keep it aside.
- Take a deep non-stick pan, add oil, garlic, ginger and green chillies and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder (optional) and onions and saute on a medium flame.
- Then add the cabbage and carrots and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper and wheatflour-water mixture, mix well.
- Add the coriander and further cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot immediately.
- You can skip the veggies and just add lemon juice, pepper powder and salt to the stock and can have this as a clear soup.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Finely sliced carrots – ½
- Finely chopped cabbage – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped onions – 1 medium size
- Finely chopped green chillies – 2 in no
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1/2
- Finely chopped coriander – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder (optional) – a pinch
- 2 tsp wheat flour or arrowroot flour – 2 tsp dissolved in 2 tbsp of water
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper – As per taste
For the stock
- Vegetable stock – 2 tbsp
- Coriander stems – ¼ cup
- Green chillies, cut into slits – 2
ENERGY – 150 Kcal
PROTEIN – 2gms
CARBOHYDRATES – 15 gms
FATS – 5gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains