I know lauki is not a favourite vegetable for many. So when you heard the name lauki soup, you may not want to give it a try in your kitchen.Trust me it tastes yummy and its a quick, healthy, yet delicious soup recipe made with very minimal ingredients.
This is a healthy soup recipe as we are not adding any cream, butter or potato to make it creamy soup. Also this is very light on stomach and low in calories.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. Once hot, add cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Saute for a minute, you will notice they are getting light brown in color.
- Now add onions and garlic. Add salt.
- Cook till onions are translucent and pink.
- Now add oats.
- Mix and cook for a minute with stirring constantly.
- Now add chopped lauki.
- Add water.
- Add coriander sprigs.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid, put the weight on. Cook it for 2-3 whistles. Let the pressure go down by itself then open the lid. Lauki is cooked and really soft.
- Now using hand blender, make smooth puree. If using blender or mixer, strain the liquid and grind the cooked lauki mixture into smooth paste. Pour back into the cooker with strained liquid.
- Check the soup consistency. If needed, add more water.
- Add freshly crushed black pepper.
- Serve hot.
- Lauki (bottle gourd or dudhi) - peeled and cubed, 150 gms
- Oats - 2 tsp
- Onion chopped - 1/2 medium size, 50gms
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya) - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 glass
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
ENERGY - 140 kcals
PROTEIN - 3gms
CARBOHYRATES - 17 gms
FATS - 5 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains