Traditional upma is a breakfast dish common in Maharashtra. Upma is a thick, porridge like breakfast dish that is made from course semolina that has been dry roasted. Keto upma is made with cauliflower rice and few vegetables which is delicious, low carb, gluten free, vegetarian keto breakfast dish that can be prepared in very less time. This keto upma is very healthy and delicious too.
- Wash and grate cauliflower and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Once they start crackle add curry leaves, onion, ginger and green chillies and saute till onions becomes translucent.
- Now add carrot and cook for sometimes.
- Now add cauliflower and fry for few minutes.
- Add water and cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Keep stir it in between to ensure nothing sticks.
- Cook till the water dries up and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Cauliflower- 100 gms (grated)
- Carrots- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Ginger- ¾ tsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tp
- Mustard seeds- ¾ tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil-1 tbsp
Energy: 210 kcals
Carbohydrates: 12 gms
Proteins: 4.5 gms
Fats: 15.99 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains