Traditional poha is made from flattened rice and is a popular breakfast/ snack dish in India. It is an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe made with onions and seasonings like chillies, lemon and curry leaves. Today I’m sharing a keto version of poha made with cauliflower rice. As we all know cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable and go to solution for vegetarian keto recipes. This is easy to make recipe at home when you are in keto diet or low carb diet. Even if you are not following any diet try this yummy cauliflower poha.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and wash. Grate cauliflower florets with the help of food processor to resemble fine rice and keep it aside.
- Dry roast peanuts and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add asafoetida, mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
- Add onion and turmeric powder and fry till it turns translucent.
- Then add peanuts and green chillies and cook for few more minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, season with salt, add a splash of water and cover and cook till tender.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. and serve hot.
- Cauliflower rice - 100 gms
- Onion- 25 gms (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Fresh coriander- 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Peanuts- 15 gms
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder- ¾ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1 tbsp
Energy: 263 kcals
Carbohydrates: 12.41 gms
Proteins: 7.62 gms
Fats: 23.21 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains