Keto butternut squash soup
Butternut squash is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals. These compounds are provitamin A carotenoids, your body converts them into retinal and retinoic acid — the active forms of vitamin A
Roasting it before you make the soup is key to getting that caramelized, deeply sweet flavor in the squash that we all love. Simply roast the squash until gets tender add vegetable broth and use an immersion blender and blend it.
- In a medium dish, toss butternut squash with oil and season with salt and pepper and roast it until gets tender.
- Meanwhile, take a medium vessel on medium heat, melt butter and remaining oil.
- Then add onion, carrot, celery saute and cook until gets soft.
- Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add roasted squash, and put vegetable broth and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup and blend it into a smooth texture.
- Serve it in a bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and pumpkin seeds.
- Butternut squash – 30 (deseeded, peeled and cubed)
- Carrot – 25 gms (chopped)
- Onion – 25 ms (chopped)
- Celery – 10 gms (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Vegetable broth – 200 ml
- Mixed herbs – ¼ tsp
- Pumpkin seeds – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp (for garnishing)
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as per taste.
ENERGY: 250 Kcals.
PROTEINS: 2.37 gms
CARBOHYDRATES: 7.4 gms
FATS: 22.65 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains