kale avocado lemon salad
This is the perfect starter kale salad for anyone. Pretty simple to make too. This salad is a mixture of variety of veggies, lemon juice and seeds. Kale is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin c and B6. Potassium is very important for heart. Including kale in our diet helps to reduce the risk of strokes. These days, the avocado has become an incredibly popular food among health- conscious individuals. It is often referred as a superfood, because of its high nutrient value and it is also added to various dishes due to its good flavor and rich in texture. They are also incredibly delicious and go with many types of food or simply scoop them out with a spoon and eat them plain. They are weight loss friendly, heart heart healthy and, last but not least, taste incredible.
- Chop the kale and place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, mix salt and kale mixture with hands for 2 minutes till it becomes soft and broken down.
- Add avocado, carrot and onion, mix to combine.
- Now add sunflower seeds and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add lemon juice and olive oil & whisk well.
- Before serving pour the dressing and sprinkle flax seed powder.
- Kale- 25 gms (wash, de-stemmed, and finely chopped)
- Avocado- 25gms (wash, peeled and cut into small cubes)
- Carrots- 25 gms (wash, peeled and cut into juliens)
- Onions- 25 gms (wash, cut into slices)
- Lemon juice- 1 small lemon
- Flax seed powder- 1 tsp
- Sunflower seeds- 1 tsp
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
Energy: 149 kcals
Carbohydrates: 9.5 gms
Proteins: 4.3 gms
Fats: 7.09 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains