These jowar puffs are very healthy, quick and delicious. These make a low calorie snack & very healthy as they are loaded with calcium, minerals and vitamins. These are diabetic friendly and gluten free. Regular consumption of jowar helps to maintain an ideal weight and strengthens the bones.
- Wash and drain jowar. Air dry them by spreading on a cloth for about 30 minutes or until they dry completely.
- Take a heavy bottom pot, add some jowar and spread them across to a thin layer. Do not crowd them.
- There should be enough space for them to pop well.
- Cover with a loose fitting lid leaving a small vent allowing the steam to escape.
- Put on the flame to medium high. Do regulate the flame as needed. Within few minutes, they will begin to pop.
- Once they stop popping, switch off and set them aside.
- Allow the jowar puffs to cool completely.
- Add oil to a wide mixing pan, heat the oil slightly and switch off.
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric and roasted peanuts. Cool the ingredients in the pan, add the jowar puffs and mix well.
- Cool completely and store jowar pops in air tight container.
- Jowar – 30 gms
- Roasted peanuts- 10 gms
- Red chilli powder- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- ½ tsp
Energy: 209 kcals
Carbohydrates: 26.306 gms
Proteins: 6.78 gms
Fats: 9.425 gms
- Keto diet
- Main course
- Desserts, drinks, soups and shakes
- Breakfast, snacks, salads and dips
- Indian cuisine
- Pulses And Legumes
- Cereals And Grains